01 September 2007

pictures & plans

The graduation dinner last night was pretty good. We went to a Mexican restaurant in Tribunal and had nachos and then chicken in various sauces with flour tortillas. I was sad I wasn't well enough to try the margaritas, but then again they were blended so no big loss. By the end of the second course I was feeling pretty tired again, so I was the first to leave. Click on this link to see some pictures of my classmates and our graduation dinner: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12356&l=148b0&id=595126014

This evening the girls & I head back out to Las Aguilas to sign the rental contract and to pay rent and deposits. I'm very much hoping we'll be able to move into the apartment Sunday or Monday. It'll also be interesting to see H. again and find out whether he's as handsome as I remember. ;*)

On Sunday my friend Sam is flying in from England to spend a few days in Madrid. Am hoping my little cold will not prevent us from having the full Madrid experience. We shall see. Am also hoping to go observe a karate class on Sunday night. Then on Tuesday the directors of TtMadrid have arranged interviews for us with a bunch of agencies and language schools. After Tuesday I should have some hours set up for mid/late September. Then on Wednesday I fly back to England with Sam to spend some time in Nottingham, where he's from. Hooray! He's promised to introduce me to Robin Hood & the gang, and we'll go storm Nottingham castle. Can't wait!

Today I'm just taking it easy, drinking lots of orange juice, trying to get my head organized, packing up my stuff in preparation for the move to our new piso.

Oh yes, a quick update on the crush. We've been in contact because of apartment stuff, but at the end of one of H.'s emails he asked me how much I'd charge for weekly English lessons. Hmm... Was excited and also not trying to read too much into it, but then on the phone last night he said he was just kidding. Damn. Or was he? Will be interesting to see him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment