11 September 2007

it begins

Had an interview today with an agency who wanted to give me something like fifteen hours. I wanted to take six, but I took ten. I bit the bullet and accepted classes a couple mornings a week. Could be worse. So now I have 17 hours of teaching a week lined up, one class starts tomorrow(!!) and others don´t start until October. Should be interesting. I also have leads on three possible private classes that I could work in if I wanted to. And I have messages from two or three other agencies who want to give me hours. Point being: there is absolutely no shortage of work here. In fact the danger is in taking too many hours and running myself ragged.

On the home front: still no Internet. GRRRRR!!! Not even a phone call about it! Bastards. My life is going to be made very difficult if I don´t have home access to Internet very soon. But we did get a telephone...now we just need to figure out what our phone number is. Hmm. Things are going well with the roommates. We get along and Kezzo is going to make Thai food for us tonight. Yum yum! Very much looking forward to that. Oh! And my rash has gone away! Finally! Am still sick with cold though. Poop.

Had coffee date with nice Italian Facebook friend last night. Talked movies, music, politics, economics, etc. Embarassed myself by knowing much less about American politics than he knows. Is very sad that I´m not even clear on when the presidential election is. Was hoping it was this November but he finally convinced me it´s next November. When asked, ¨Who´s the Democratic candidate then?¨ I answered, ¨Clinton & Obama?¨ and he said, ¨But that´s two people!¨ Oh yeah. Hm. Will crawl back into my hole of ignorance now. Also embarassing that 80% of Italians vote, and they can´t even vote by mail.

1 comment:

  1. it's okay. Remember the 'giant bridge to Alaska' comment to make yourself feel better.

    ReplyDelete