05 September 2007

very, very sad

On top of the cold I was already fighting, I suddenly broke out into some weird rash last night. ¨Bugger!¨ as the Brits and Ozzies would have it. In the end I had to make the difficult decision to postpone my trip to England. My immune system is clearly struggling as it is, and I didn´t want to make things worse by staying up all night in an airport and then changing climates yet again. Even if I do love the rainy climate. Obviously I am very disappointed, not to mention out about $150, but I believe I made the right decision.

My theory on the rash is that it´s dust mite related (I am allergic) and hasn´t gone away because a) I haven´t had time or detergent to wash anything, and b) my immune system was already busy with this blasted cold. Plan to go to the pharmacy tomorrow if the rash still hasn´t gone away. Maybe they can give me Benedryl or similar.

Slept today until 1:30pm and have been taking it easy with the exception of a trip to the grocery store. Look out, clothes, here comes a washing!! Yes, well, obviously need some more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment