23 September 2007


This morning I could really go for a bagel with cream cheese. And some coffee I could make at home that actually tastes good. I don't really like the coffee that our coffee pot makes. The beans are okay, but the pot makes sludge. Yuck.

Last night we had some people over for a housewarming party. (Pictures available on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15136&l=481d7&id=595126014.) Everyone got along well and seemed to enjoy themselves, and nothing got broken and no cops showed up, so I think we can call it a success.

I've noticed that when I'm not busy with work or social engagements or similar I tend to get a little depressed. I think that's why I'm so homesick at the moment; I've only worked four hours in the last two weeks and I've been trying to stay at home in order to kill my cold, so I haven't really been doing much of anything for days on end. I think I need to be busy in order to feel productive and like my life has some meaning. Am therefore very much looking forward to having more classes starting up this week. Will be even better when the rest of my classes start first week of October.

Have finally rescheduled the trip to Nottingham I didn't take earlier this month because I was sick. Am glad to have a trip to look forward to as well. On top of not having much work these past couple of weeks I wasn't working toward any of my goals either, so that added to the sense of purposelessness. But knowing I am traveling in November helps, and I've also started finding people on the Internet with whom I can do conversation exchange so I can work on my Spanish. I am optimistic that I will be much more content starting this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment