22 September 2007

homesick

I'm feeling homesick again today. Especially for Portland and all its good food. My digestive system has been revolting against all food and drink for the last couple of days and I could really go for something familiar. Like a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of cream of tomato soup. Or a baked potato with cottage cheese. Alas, they don't have the same dairy products here that I've become accustomed to. I haven't found any yellow cheddar or cottage cheese. No crumbed feta either. I do so miss my dairy. You can only eat so much queso manchego. I miss having a dryer too. My clothes all sag off my body because I don't have a dryer to shrink them back up for me after washing. I guess I just miss the lifestyle in general. And the weather. It's getting cooler here, but it's not cool enough for me yet. And it doesn't rain nearly enough. Summary: if I had to make a decision today about whether to come back to Madrid for another year, I'd say no. We'll see how I feel next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment