04 September 2007

the piso and barrio

I´m sorry I can´t post any pictures yet, but I don´t have Internet at home. However, the landlords are working on that and I think they estimated only a week or two until we have it. And it will be wireless!!! 4MB!!! Obviously will be wonderful when that happens.

The apartment is clean, a little small but fine for three people. The girls have given me the largest of the three bedrooms (with double bed!) to start in appreciation for my translation services. Love the girls! We still haven´t gone grocery shopping for all the necessities, but I´m hoping they will be able to do that while I´m gone in England. Would love to be able to wash clothes when I come home.

Today we had interviews at the Estrecho school. I didn´t leave with any confirmed hours, but I do have appointments to go in & see at least two of the agencies next week with the idea of putting together a schedule then. Am glad I don´t have to start teaching next week, as that would be a little stressful to come back from England and have to teach the next day.

Anyway, things are generally fine. The cold seems to be starting to loosen up a bit. When I woke up from my nap today I didn´t start coughing right away, which is a good sign. Am looking forward to going to Nottingham and especially meeting Sam´s parents, about whom he has some really amazing stories. Will share some of them with you as the week goes on. I will have Internet access at his parents´ house, so feel free to email!

Love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment