19 September 2007

On "Freaky Brit"


His name is actually John something-or-other, and he is from England. He earned his nickname the first time he & Shannon met, but I am not at libery to say how he earned it. We only call him Freaky Brit amongst ourselves to distinguish him from the other John we know, but Freaky does know about his nickname. He's become a weekend regular, trekking with us to museums or Retiro Park and other cultural experiences. Freaky and I are both dominant personalities and we haven't figured out each other's senses of humor yet, so we've had a rough beginning, but I'm making an effort to like him and I think he's doing the same. We did bond over our love of BBC's The Office last weekend. (Brilliant, brilliant show!) But he's very much into history and politics, which I know absolutely nothing about, so it's hard for us to find common ground for conversation. He's a nice enough guy...but I'm withholding final judgment until I've known him for at least a couple more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment