08 September 2007

too good to be true

Well, the Internet guy came yesterday, before noon even, and did indeed drill holes through walls and thread cords, etc. etc. And when he left he said it would take a couple hours for the Internet to start working...but seven hours later it was still not working. So called the landlords and asked them to call the Internet company, so they sent over their computer programmer son, A., who fiddled around for a while before calling the Internet company, but of course by that time it was too late to do anything about it (am only slightly annoyed that the company was not called in the first place), and now it looks like we have to wait until Monday for someone to come around again to try to fix the connection. Poop. But at least we are a little closer than we were before.

The rash starts to recede and then it comes back and then goes away and so on and so forth. I finally bought some Benadryl at a pharmacy yesterday, and it knocked me out from 8pm last night until about 10am this morning. Took another today and am feeling a little fuzzy headed, but the rash is going away again. And the cold is only bad in the mornings when I start coughing. Otherwise I feel almost normal. Just a little weak and a tiny bit more congestion than is normal.

Overall am feeling better (emotionally/mentally) because I now have confirmed hours with a company and have been promised second interviews in the coming week which I expect to result in a few more hours. And I´ve also received confirmation from COCC that the online course is on this fall, so I´m looking forward to that work as well.

Now am off to invite the landlords over for lunch or dinner next Friday and then to make lunch for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment