30 August 2007

nothin' but net

Am now officially a TEFL graduate. Hooray!

Final exam began at 9:30am and I was done a little before noon. Passed it with flying colors. Got my grades for my other projects, all passes. Had my 15 minutes with the moderator, who was actually slightly scary despite reassurances from the directors, and he didn't seem displeased with me so I'm going to count that one good too.

But of course am sick now. After a month of really intensive study and long days and air conditioning and weird Madrid weather (frying hot yesterday and almost chilly this morning) I suppose it's no wonder. On the one hand am annoyed because I really wanted to be able to celebrate, but on the other hand I'm grateful that I didn't get sick any earlier. At this point it's just a sore throat and a tiny bit of congestion...hopefully by taking care of myself (went to bed very early last night, drinking lots of orange juice, taking a nap today, etc.) I can ward off a serious cold. I went to the farmacia this morning and asked for some throat lozenges with zinc in them and the pharmacist looked at me like I had two heads. She gave me a box of tablets that are supposed to help throat infections. So far I can't tell that they do anything at all except make the front of your mouth (but not your throat) slightly numb and make you dizzy. Will try another this afternoon to see what happens.

Now am off to take a nap. Will take some pictures for you tonight at our celebratory drink event.

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyy for you, my dear! You are a TEFL grad!!!! I am so proud of you for doing that. To the moon, Alice! To the moon! Get well so you can go festejar a little. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete