16 September 2007

mostly sunny

First I want to apologize to all of you who have written me emails and I still haven´t gotten back to you personally. It´s hard to get back to everyone when I´m working out of locutorios and have to pay for every minute I´m online, but I promise I´ll be much better about staying in touch once we get Internet at home.

Which brings me to the fact that WE STILL DO NOT HAVE INTERNET AT HOME! GRR!!! I know that the landlords are doing what they can to make it happen in a timely manner, but I don´t think they understand how essential it is for me to have Internet in the house. Maybe if they did they could put some additional pressure on the company to come back out and fix our service. I´m supposed to be teaching this online class as of Oct. 1 and there´s no way I can set it up at a locutorio because all the docs are on my own computer. So you see it really is essential. Not to mention the fact that the Internet is important for our TEFL work as well.

Brings me to my second point: I have started saying "as well" instead of "also" or "too" in all cases. I think it comes from hanging out with speakers of other Englishes. It might be cute or it might just be annoying. I haven´t decided yet.

I have more to say but have to cut this short because I´m meeting up with the girls and Freaky Brit (a story for another time) to go have lunch. Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment