15 August 2007

Continue to be in better spirits today. The course's pace is much more relaxed this week, which helps a lot, and I think just having that first teaching practice out of the way was more helpful than I'd anticipated. Have my second teaching practice tomorrow. Am reasonably confident in my lesson plan and I already know I like the group: these are the upper intermediates that always find a way to talk about sex. Only worry is that no one will show up, as tomorrow is the day after a national holiday and many people take off days around holidays to go on short vacations. But if there is at least one person, I think I can make it work. Two would be even better.

After considering input from Mom and Dad as well as my own feelings, have decided not to take the job in Alzira. I don't think it would meet my needs for variety and beauty and entertainment. Possibly also community/companionship. Will stay in Madrid instead, as originally planned. Hope to talk to a couple of my classmates tomorrow about possibly renting a flat with them.

Question: has someone been passing these blog entries on to Grandma, as she requested? If not, would someone please do so? I don't want her to feel left out. Thanks very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment