19 August 2007

a view of my room


Attached picture is my bedroom. As you can see, is extremely narrow & small, but suits me just fine. I don't have a lot of stuff. It has a built-in desk area and an Ikea wardrobe. Am very excited about the latter, as am mad about all things Ikea. Can't tell you how excited I will be to spend all my money at the new Portland Ikea once I move back. Three cheers for cheap, stylish, Swedish furniture!!!

Today met up with a couple of my classmates ("the girls" I call them because there are only three of us in our class) and we went to Retiro Park and then to the Prado Museum. At the Prado, saw Velazquez and Goya yet again, but also saw some new stuff, including this kick-ass painter they call...El Bosco, I think. Seemed centuries ahead of his time. Painted in the medieval period, but had touches of Dali in him. Absolutely fabulous. Will have to look him up now. Yes, here is link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieronymus_Bosch

Nothing much to report. My next teaching practice is Tuesday, this time with the Elementary group, or "Elee's" as they are called by our teachers. Is the most difficult group because they understand almost nothing. One has to communicate almost entirely via gestures and modeling. The topic given me as a guide for what I'm to teach them is "friends and friendship." Kill me now. (Just kidding!) No, it should be a good challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment