02 August 2007

A Coruña

There seems to be a higher concentration of dogs in Galicia than there were in Madrid. In Santiago especially, they were everywhere!! And yesterday afternoon Julie & I went to the Parque de la torre de Herculés (in A Coruña) and there were dogs running around everywhere. Even big ones, like labs, which we did not see so much in Santiago. So cute! I just love doggies.

We caught the noon bus from Santiago to A Coruña yesterday. No problems there. Our hostel here is La Alianza, right next to the Plaza Mayor and two streets away from the water. Did a lot of walking around yesterday, with a nice long nap from about 3-6pm...necessary due to all the noise and therefore lack of sleep in Santiago. And then of course they´re having a festival here too so there was a super loud concert in the Plaza last night, but I pretended it was the TV and was able to go to sleep.

Julie & I have split up for the morning. She´s off visiting a couple science museums (in which I have minimal interest), so I went and had my morning coffee and then came in search of this Internet place. Very odd shows on TV in the café where I had coffee. Some kind of daytime talk show with 4 men and 1 woman...they were talking about how some famous guy seems to prefer older women, and then all of a sudden there was a boy group on. They were wearing kind of preppy clothes but their hair was all punked out...one of the guys was wearing a headband like you´d see on women in the states...another was wearing a tennis wristband (for wiping off sweat) as an accessory. The band was introduced and they talked a little in Spanish while the girls in their early teens stared and grinned, and then they broke out into the song "Stand By Me." In English. All seemed very strange to me, but I suppose if I kept up with U.S. pop culture & daytime TV that would seem stupid too.

We´re here for two more nights and then we head back to Madrid on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment