16 August 2007

second practice teaching session

Had my second teaching practice today, this one with the upper intermediates. Two people came to class, which makes things a bit difficult but hey it's better than only one (or none!). The more direct teacher observed me and will give me feedback tomorrow, but I did get a little out of her today. She said that she thought I did a very good job. She said she would've changed the first 20 minutes of my lesson, but otherwise it was "near perfect." Hm. But that's why we're here, right? To make mistakes and learn from them. That's why they call it "practice."

After school, went & had a couple copas (glasses of wine) with some classmates and our main teacher. Was really nice to just relax and chat with them all. And great news! I have roommates! Two of my classmates--the only other two girls in my course--have agreed to let me share a flat with them. YAY! We will meet tomorrow to discuss ground rules, preferences and details. I think the three of us will all live together really well.

Am missing: Mom (of course), Mexican food, a good mattress, cooking, and my friends. Not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment