27 October 2007

way too fantastic

When I went to France for three weeks after graduating high school, my favorite place by far was Chamonix, a tiny village nestled in the Alps that attracts tons of tourism because it´s at the foot of a glacier. I raved to my mom about the stone paved streets, cute little shops, gorgeous mountain views, etc. etc. But when it came time to look at the pictures, the only one I had taken in Chamonix was of a condom dispenser affixed to the side of a building. I was awed by the natural beauty, but the public condom dispenser was too novel to escape immortalization.

Tonight I wished I had my camera. If I could have only one picture of Madrid, it would be this: a vending machine in the parking garage underneath the Plaza de España, one of the ones with a glass front so you can see the selection of candies, chips, soda, etc. This vending machine contained everything from baby pacifiers and small boxes of feminine hygiene products to fruit juice and chips. But the bulk of the offerings, right in the middle where you normally look first, were several different kinds of condoms. And then you noticed the rather large bottle of sensual masage gel/lubricant. And then, best of all, not just one but actually TWO different brands of vibrating cock ring. As Shannon would say, "I almost shat myself." I WILL be returning for a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment