20 October 2007

the highlights

The high points of last night:
-socializing with other TtMadrid graduates at a nice Irish bar near Estrecho
-realizing that I have quite a few friendly acquaintances here and at least two people outside of my roommates whose company I enjoy immensely
-discovering that the Irish bar has BUFFALO WINGS!!!
-discovering that the Irish bar also has DARTS!

The low point of last night:
-missing the last metro train home and having to take the night buses but getting stuck at Plaza Cibeles because there was some kind of taxi strike or something that royally screwed up the traffic patterns and having to walk from Cibeles to a bus stop on Gran Via and then get on a jam-packed bus for a 30 min. ride home so that the whole adventure took about four hours and we didn´t get home until 5:15am. Yuck.

What I´m looking forward to in the next few months:
-teaching my classes & getting to know my students better
-taking a hike in the mountains just north of Madrid with TtMadrid folks on Sunday, Oct. 28th
-getting my Oct. paycheck
-going to Granada for a day or two with my roommates over the four-day weekend (Nov. 1-4)
-visiting Sam G. in Nottingham Nov. 9-11 & basking in the English weather (rain and clouds, hooray!)
-going to PARIS!!! with Shannon Nov. 23-25. Woohoo!!! Paris in the fall!!! Paris Paris Paris!
-going home for Christmas and getting to see all my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment