31 October 2007

busy bee


Being busy is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand I feel productive and well-connected to people here, but on the other hand I haven´t had much time to keep up on blogging or emailing, which makes me feel less connected to my loved ones at home. Please know that I miss and love you all and will respond to your emails as soon as I can.

The hike on Sunday was fantastic. There were eleven of us in all, which is a bigger group than I expected, and everyone had a great time. In fact, several people have told me in the last few days how much they appreciated the organizing efforts and that they´d like to do the hike again sometime. Very gratifying. I did take a bunch of pictures, but then I got the brilliant idea to modify some of them, so when I uploaded them onto Facebook they came out all funky and now I have to redo the whole thing. That´s one of the things I have not yet had time for. But rest assured that when I do finally get those pictures up, I will paste a link in this blog.

This week has been fairly easy for teaching. Nov. 1, All Saints Day, is a national holiday, and many people are taking Wednesday afternoon and Friday off as well, so it´s a short week. Today is also Halloween (HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!), so my lesson plans have revolved around that and I´m bascially using the same lesson in all my classes so I don´t have much planning to do. Nice!

Tonight am going to a Halloween Party at friend Katie´s place. Katie is originally from Kansas, went to school in Boston, and now is married to a Spaniard and working at an international pharmaceutical company. She did the TEFL course in August but was in the other location, so I didn´t really get to know her until after the course was over. She is a gorgeous, super-sweet girl. Reminds me very much of Jane in Austen´s Pride and Prejudice. Anyway, she´s promised that there will be several straight, single Spanish men at the party tonight. Is a good opportunity to practice my Spanish anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment