24 October 2007

freakin' hilarious

Shannon was looking for lesson ideas on handoutsonline.com tonight and came across a handout for elementary students on giving advice. The handout features several fictional letters to a Dear Abby type character (whom I guess the Brits call agony aunts), and here is a sample:

Dear Aunt Jennifer,
I've recently started taking lessons with a beautiful English teacher. She's 28, single and ahs a wonderful smile. I'm in love with her, but I'm only 18, and I have really bad spots. I also have no confidence. Should I tell her how I feel?
From Shy in Seoul.

Dear Shy in Seoul,
No - you shouldn't date your teacher, even if she is beautiful. It's an awful idea. English teachers are poor and they drink too much. They also go back home after 18 months. Why not wait for your spots to go? You might meet someone much better.

Ha ha! It makes the whole thing so much better that both Shannon and Kez have students who crush on them. So amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment