19 April 2008

recent excitement

On Thursday after my last class I hopped in a car with one of my students and went to a friendly futbol match between some employees at one of the places I work. Despite the rain and relative cold, it was fun. Two Spanish women from the same company as the futbol players joined me on the bench as cheerleaders, and they involved me effortlessly in their conversation. After the game we all went to a bar near the company and had a couple beers, and I actually felt like part of a community. Very cool.

At the end of the night, however, I managed to forget my backpack in the trunk of someone's car and my house keys were in it, so when I got home around 2am I had to ring the doorbell and call my roommates on their cell phones for about 20 minutes before Megs finally woke up and let me in. Hooray for Megs! Yesterday morning my first errand was to go to the company to get my backpack back.

I also learned on Thursday night that one of my students (we'll call him Juan) has a serious crush on me. One of his fellow students spent a good five minutes trying to convince me to go on a date with Juan, and I finally had to admit that even if Juan weren't my student I still wouldn't be interested in dating him. How did I suddenly get involved in a high school drama???

In other news, I'm feeling more and more excited about going to Munich in the fall. I've already begun to try setting up accomodation and work before I leave, though I don't know how much I'll actually be able to accomplish until I get there. So far all the schools and agencies I've emailed have said that they can't offer me any work until I arrive in Munich and they meet me in person. And unless I want to pay a €100 finding fee to an agency to find a room for me, I might have to just make a hostel reservation and find a room when I get to Munich too. Ah well. I did say I wanted an adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment