23 April 2008

On the train ride home from work tonight, the conversation went like this:

Sione: Oh my god it's so hot on this train! All these people!

Megs: Yeah, but at least we got seats. It could be worse.

Sione: [Pause.] You're right. Thank you for reminding me that my life is not as bad as a Jew's during the holocaust.

Megs: Yeah, man. Think about how bad it must've been to be on the train to Auschwitz. That would've sucked.

Sione: [glances around the train at the bored faces of fellow passengers and then laughs hysterically for five minutes]

Megs: I was serious man!

Sione: [still laughing] I know! That's what makes it so funny!

Megs: You're a sick bastard. You and Josef Goebbels should be friends.

Sione: Who's Josef Goebbels?

Megs: He was the Nazi propaganda guy, aka Hitler's best friend.

Sione: Oh, well he's probably dead then, isn't he?

Megs: [Pause.] Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment