18 April 2008

life's too short to waste time

One thing I've realized in the past week or so is that life is short and the world is full of people, so I don't want to waste my time trying to force relationships/friendships with people I don't particularly like or click with.

I'd gotten into the habit here of hanging out with whomever because, I suppose, for a while I was desperate for companionship. But in the end it only makes me feel worse to hang out with people whose personalities are not compatible with mine...I end up feeling either judgmental and catty or inferior and unloveable. Not worth it!

This is one of the main reasons I spent most of last weekend in bed. I didn't see the point of going out and trying to dance around people's quirks when I have much better things to do. Like watch two seasons of Canada's Next Top Model, for example. Or write a trashy bestseller that will allow me to travel around the world and write whatever I want and save up money for a downpayment on my inn in the woods.

1 comment:

  1. So true. Never push yourself and smart people will come to you, eventually. That's basically how it went for me lately.
    BTW, thanks for advertising my page on yours.

    ReplyDelete