01 April 2008

reasons to not move to Munich


-Another year away from my family and friends, whom I love dearly and miss terribly
-Starting over and being lonely again (although it's this very lonliness that I'd count on to help me write my novel)
-I'd have to miss Nik and Jessica's wedding in October
-It would be harder to stay in shape with all that delicious German food around (though I suppose same is true if I move home)
-Another year of my car sitting useless in the garage while I pay insurance on it
-Another year of keeping my stuff in storage
-Moving is expensive

I have to say that so far I've been consistently enthusiastic about moving to Munich in the fall. As much as I miss my friends and family (which is lots and lots!), my thirst for adventure, for experiencing new cultures and languages, has not yet been quenched. I'm lucky in that the friends and family to whom I've mentioned this idea to so far have been very supportive: they say of course they will miss me but they want me to follow my heart. And it makes sense to me to live abroad while I'm still in a position to do so. In the end, I think the deciding factor will be money.

No comments:

Post a Comment