31 January 2008

writing is an addiction

I get ideas on the train, as I'm walking to class, as I'm walking home from class, when I should be lesson planning or sleeping. It's exciting to get such frequent visits from my muse, but it's also a little bit of a problem. I'm exhausted, but I can't lay down and rest until I've emptied my thoughts out onto a page. Even when I have nothing to say I have to write to calm my brain. Mostly I've been writing posts for the Ttmadrid blog, but also I've done a little more work on the Lilly Frank trilogy (my sci-fi/vampire/romance/spy trilogy) and some journaling.

I got word from kiwi Craig about the TtMadrid blog: it is set up, but what I sent him won't work as a blog post because it's too long. He's counting it as an article, which is both good and bad. Good because I get paid more for it, but bad because I still need a good first post for the blog. I have plenty of OTHER posts ready, but no good first post yet. Gr. So my goal is to write my first TtMadrid blog post this weekend and get that sucker going.

Today I marveled at how good some very simple things can be. Like popcorn and orange juice, for example. Or a baked potato with cottage cheese. Not exactly free, but definitely cheap and on my list of "the finer things in life."

Have just decided that I can not only hear the next door neighbor's English bulldog snoring, but I can also hear the person who lives below us. Am very glad we are on the top floor and have no upstairs neighbors...am thinking that with walls and floors this thin we must sound like a herd of elephants up here, even when we're being careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment