10 January 2008

the news


My friend Martín (pictured), with whom I attended college at LC, arrived yesterday. He's staying with Shannon and me for a few days until he finds a room with some Spaniards. Before Wednesday, I hadn't seen Martín for five or six years. He's taller than I remembered, has black hair now (natural) instead of dyed blonde, and he seems calmer and more focused than the Martín of our college days, but other than that he's the same funny, funky, fun person I knew way back when. Welcome, Martín!

It is STILL cloudy and damp here! It's like a friggin' miracle! Of course I am loving it but it is also a bit weird. Will just enjoy it as long as it lasts.

This was the first week back to work. I didn't have a full schedule, which turned out to be a good thing since my sleep schedule is still a little off, mostly because I've been trying to finish The Stand. Finally finished it yesterday so maybe I will stop dreaming about it. My verdict is that it was an involving and interesting story, but I was a little put off by the climax and denouement since the climax came earlier in the book than you might think & was not very satisfying, and the denouement was too long and frankly I think it took away from the heart of the story a bit. But what do I know.

S'all for now, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment