03 June 2008

little wonder

A couple days ago I stumbled across a huge, beautiful park just a ten minute walk from my house. I've been living here for eight months, dissatisfied with the location, depressed about the lack of things to do in this hood and with the lack of beauty around here, and all this time I lived within ten minutes of my salvation. I feel like an idiot.

On a related note, my angst seems to have inspired me to become some kind of health nut all of a sudden. My restlessness has prompted me to take walks for the hour before sunset for the last three nights, and I'm actually considering taking up jogging.

I was going to try jogging tonight, but I was starving after work and had to eat a big meal, and I didn't think it best to jog right after that unless bulemia was the plan. Which it definitely is not. I prefer the taste of my food going down, thank you. So I opted for a fast walk instead. Very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment