23 March 2008

"The hills are alive with the sound of music..."


The tour guide sounded exactly like Jon Lovitz, but he was from Salzburg. Evidently he'd been told before that he sounds like Jon Lovitz because when I mentioned it he patted me on the back and said, "Yeah, yeah. I know. Thanks. I can't help the way I sound."

The family from Valencia whom I'd met earlier in the day at a café in Salzburg happened to be on my tour, and when we had free time in Monsee to wander around, they let me tag along with them. Both the daughters were gorgeous, in university, and nice enough to bring me into the fold for forty-five minutes while we toured the chapel, strolled the little streets and met their parents at a café to warm up before getting back on the bus.

The scenery was gorgous and the music enchanting, but I wished my mom had been with me. She would've appreciated the views and sung along with me on the bus. I think she really would've liked the tour and my enjoyment would have been increased as a result of hers.

To see the rest of my photos from the Sound of Music tour, click on the title of this blog entry or copy and paste this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33735&l=c838c&id=595126014

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just watched the Liesl and Rolf scene last night (and it's on again tonight). Loved the photos, Sione. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete