15 March 2008

Germany Day 2

Had a lovely day. Began with breakfast at Craig's: herbed cream cheese type spread, slices of swiss cheese, fresh tomato on fresh whole-grain rolls. Yum!

Then took the U-Bahn (subway) downtown, got a weekly metro pass and two tickets to Fussen, jumped on train to Fussen, spent day wandering around town, eating lots of good food, hiking in the hills, seeing the outsides of impressive castles, then came back and watched the extended version of Something About Mary.

On the way back into Munich I began thinking that I like it in Germany much better than Madrid, and that I like Europe in general and that I'd like to learn German. Perhaps will look into teaching TEFL in Germany (or France?) next year. I know that is sad news at home, but also maybe it's just Madrid I'm done with and not Europe as a whole. Also Craig said it's not at all difficult to get teaching work in Munich and that they're so desperate for teachers they're even hiring Americans with no TEFL qualifications, and the thing about Germany is that they like everything to be above board so they give you a work permit. Anyway is just a thought at this point. Need to do some research.

Tomorrow we get to sleep in (yay!) and then will head downtown for the St. Paddy's Day parade and lots of beer drinking. Will go to the Hofbrau Haus (sp?), which is the most famous beer hall in Munich. Craig has said I must drink a whole huge beer, so we'll be there for at least 3 hours I'm sure. =*)

No comments:

Post a Comment