17 March 2008

Germany Day 4

Today is COLD and RAINY. Originally thought I might take the train out of Munich again, see a lake or something, but in the end I just wasn't up for it. Instead I slept in, took my time waking up and getting ready, met Craig at his academy to go out to lunch, followed his co-worker to a different part of town where they had an Asian foods store (am going to make peanut curry for dinner), walked around, stopped at Starbucks for a mocha and was verbally accosted by a crazy German lady, walked around a little more, bought my train ticket to Salzburg and then came back to Craig's apartment where I'm drinking a beer, watching TV in German and snacking on cheese and meat.

It's strange, but I feel rather at home here. Meaning I'm comfortable and already mildly bored with the city (though I know I haven't even seen half of it yet), mainly because the architecture is not as varied and splendid as in Paris and because cold and rainy is not ideal weather for walking around in all day.

Tomorrow afternoon I head to Salzburg and I don't remember whether I'll have access to the Internet there so you might not hear from me again until Thursday or Friday. But will be sure to take pictures and notes so I can show and tell when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment