20 February 2008

The News


Dyed my hair on Friday because it was looking unflatteringly two-toned, but so far the only one who has noticed is New Friend Andrew. Good friend, that. Reminds me of Andrew the Ex. =*) Anyway pic is supposed to illustrate how hair is all one tone now. Was going for bright, orangey-red (think Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge), but it turned out much darker than expected. Bastard lying hair dye box. But at least the color is not some horrid, unnatural color that gets noticed for the wrong reasons.

Have been disorganized this week and therefore neither writing nor planning my Bavaria trip. Very bad! The Bavaria trip is coming up fast, and all I have is a plane ticket to Germany and a place to stay in Munich for a few nights. Need to make reservations for the Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg at least! (Did I not tell you about the Sound of Music Tour? Bus ride to four or five places where the movie was shot and sing-alongs in between stops. So excited!) Also have made absolutely no progress on the novel for several weeks...although I have been blogging regularly so there is something. Still, must get better organized so I can get back to work on the novel.

My private student's English teacher at school ("the little, cruel man" as Alba calls him) has invited me to visit three of his English classes on a Friday of my choice. I am happy to visit Alba's class, but frankly I am afraid of high school students and don't know if I want to visit the other two classes. Also the English teacher is a grumpy man and has said bad things about me to his class in the past, so I fear the possibility of public humiliation from him as well. (FYI, he told Alba I was teaching her incorrect English and a bad accent.) Am thinking the proposition over nevertheless.

Am excited about my birthday celebration this weekend. My birthday isn't until Monday, but since I won't go out on a school night we're celebrating the Saturday before. Dinner at T.G.I. Friday's (uncool, I know, but am dying for some buffalo wings), drinks at favorite bar Colorado Express, and salsa dancing at Tropical House. Hooray! Think it will end up being a fairly large group of people, too. Am planning to drag all my friends out on the dance floor for at least one dance each, whether they know how to salsa or no.

Final bit of news is that I managed to offend my entire Advanced class tonight because (1) I asked what the deal was with Spanish romantic relationships (how they work, etc., because it seems to me that things go down differently here than in the U.S.), (2) I admitted that I do not want to move to Spain permanently, (3) I suggested that I could not fall in love with a Spanish man because they are too small: beautiful men, but in miniature. I suppose someday I will learn how to tactfully excuse myself from answering questions to which people do not actually want honest answers. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment