05 February 2008

milagros

Today a miraculous thing happened. One of my Pre-Intermediate students came down to the lobby a little before 6pm to let me know that the class was cancelled because none of the students could come, and I was so busy being amused that I was several inches taller than him (have recently discovered that I am taller than at least 70% of my male students) that I completely failed to notice for at least 45 seconds that he was speaking in Spanish and I didn't have any trouble at all understanding him. There were no listening comprehension problems, no need to translate, no pauses between his speaking and my response. I actually feel like my Spanish is improving!

Yesterday I was so frickin' happy for no apparent reason that I could barely stand it. I wanted to sing, laugh, dance, run and gasp for breath and run some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment