10 February 2008

deep thoughts

What do most people contemplate in their quiet solitude? Perhaps relationships, happiness, the meaning of life? I contemplate food.

I've been thinking lately about the best taste combinations I know of. Here is my current top ten:

10. Buttered & salted popcorn + orange juice + granny smith apple
9. Fresh, warm bread + soft butter
8. Granny smith apple + swiss cheese
7. Pepperoni & mushroom pizza + Dr. Pepper
6. Garlic + hunk of meat
5. Tortilla chips + fake nacho cheeze + real jalepeƱos
4. Grilled cheese sandwich (sourdough bread, medium cheddar) + Campbell's cream of tomato soup
3. Baked potato + butter + cottage cheese + salt + pepper
2. McDonald's french fries + chocolate shake (contrast of hot & cold, salty & sweet)
1. Fresh strawberries + dark chocolate

2 comments:

  1. The good thing is you can actually get those. I mean, more easily than happiness or relationships for instance, not that I think those are impossible to reach but they're still harder to get than a baked potato or dark chocolate. In my case at least, but I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm...good point! Perhaps I am a practical person after all?? ;*)

    ReplyDelete