11 December 2007

a package


Today I received a care package from Kelsey and Steve that made me squeal and jump around and dance for joy and then tear up a little. Not only did it have M&M's in it, but they sent some Christmas catalogs and the best present ever: two boxes of Kraft mac & cheese!!! Having just spent the last half hour gorging myself on cheesy goodness and flipping through a Victoria's Secret catalog, I can officially declare that Kelsey and Steve are excused from Christmas and birthday presents for the next ten years.

In other news, I so wished I had a camera yesterday. There was a Spanish woman walking her dog--a little bichon frise wearing and blue and white striped sweater--in the park. This woman was probably in her late 60's or early 70's and I could not believe what she was wearing: furry pink boots with pom-poms on, black stretch leggings, a 3/4 length white coat with faux fur color, enormous designer sunglasses, and on top of her stark white head she wore a bright red felt fedora. F'ing priceless is what that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment