08 December 2007

another weekend of travel


Yesterday went to Ávila with Shannon for the first time and today went to Segovia for the second time with my friend and fellow teacher Alan. The old town at Ávila is walled in, much like Toledo and Segovia. The stone is interesting: pinks and reds and browns all marbled together. Other than that, I'd say Ávila isn't super impressive. My main reason for revisiting Segovia was to have a look inside the castle, which was built in the 12th century. I have to say that whoever designed the castle didn't really seem to think it out too well. The throne room and the royal bedroom were too near the main entrance and not at all hard to find if you wanted to come in and start killing royalty. The guilded ceilings were impressive, and it was neat to see all the suits of real armour on display, but overall I was slightly disappointed by the interior of the castle, given that the exterior is so impressive. Ah well. Segovia is still a very pretty town. I think probably I am just burnt out on travel around Spain and am ready to come home for a couple weeks. Ten days until I fly home for Christmas! Hooray!!! =*)

To see my photos of Ávila from yesterday, copy and paste this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23363&l=5cc88&id=595126014

To see my photos of Segovia from today, copy and paste this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23367&l=0a1d7&id=595126014

No comments:

Post a Comment