16 July 2007

another passport update, et al

Called the National Passport Info Center again today & talked to someone who actually sounded like he knew what he was doing. He sent an email to the place where they have my passport application, requesting that they get it processed & mailed out no later than Monday. He said if I still did not have my passport by Friday that I should call again. In the meantime, I can now check the status online. I couldn't check it before because someone had entered my DOB incorrectly, but the guy I spoke to told me what birthdate to enter and sent another email to the place where they have my passport application, asking them to correct my DOB. Fantastic.

Update on the travel plans with Julie: we have reservations! Hooray! We'll be staying in a pension in Madrid on July 27, 28 & 29, and then we'll fly to Santiago de Compostela on the 30th. Spend two nights in Santiago & then take a train or bus to A Corun~a, where one of my Facebook friends lives. Three nights in A Corun~a, a bus or train back to Santiago, and then a flight back to Madrid on the 4th. One more night together in a hostel and then I check in to my school-arranged accommodation on the 5th. (Did I mention they found me a cheaper one? This one is only 350 Euro for the month. Yay!) Am very much looking forward to seeing Julie again and spending lots of time in cafes, museums and bars with her. =*)

One week and three days until I fly out!!! (Assuming, of course, that I get my passport by then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment