03 November 2007

segovia today, tomorrow the world


Today we went to Segovia, and I actually felt like I was in Europe. Probably because we were surrounded by loads of tourists. I acted like a true Hazell by wandering around the streets for a couple hours, refusing to pay admission into yet another freezing cold cathedral and spending the last half hour ensconced in a warm little café watching the Baghdatis-Nadal match on a big-screen HDTV. (FABULOUS tennis today!) I was impressed by the castle but didn´t have enough time to explore it thoroughly so I didn´t go in. I´ve made the girls promise we´ll return to Segovia with the express purpose of roaming all over the castle. I was suprised to get home and see how beautiful the pictures of Segovia are because I think I liked Toledo better, but perhaps that´s because I was grumpy today due to lack of good sleep last night.

Tomorrow being Sunday I will be staying home and working on my lesson plans for the coming week. Am actually looking forward to a quiet, productive day at home. Have satisfied my travel cravings for this week. Though am SUPER excited to visit Sam in Nottingham next weekend. He has promised all sorts of lovely treats: a traditional English breakfast, the Robin Hood festival at Nottingham Castle (as though they knew I was coming!), a drive in the countryside and visits to "stately homes," a pint in the oldest pub in England, dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant, meeting his parents, and a quiz night! Could I ask for a more fabulous English weekend? I think not.

Copy and paste this link to see photos from today´s excursion to Segovia: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19736&l=be787&id=595126014

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    Turtle gave me your URL, but I don't have an email for you, so I'm hoping you get a notice when I post a comment. I'm thinking of moving to Spain to teach English in like January. What do you think about that. HA. You should email me, I'd love to use you as a resource. I'm at:
    djstayinschool (at) gmail (dot) com

    By the way, its Martin. Haven't seen you in YEARS!

    ReplyDelete