05 May 2008

Munich room secured

Found a room in Munich. Hooray! Glad to not have to worry about that for the rest of the summer.

The room is not in the best of locations--it's about 20 min. south of city center--but the price is right (€350 all utilities included with the option of paying an extra €50/mo. for groceries. SWEET!) and the woman who owns the house seems sane and friendly in her emails.

The woman's name is Mbula. She's Kenyan, her husband is German, and they have two kids, both of whom were born in China. They speak English, German and Chinese.

The room I'm taking is in the basement, and it's big enough to fit a bed, a wardrobe and a couch. I'll have a bathroom all to myself (though it's also the laundry room).

Most exciting part: THEY HAVE A CLOTHES DRYER! YES YES YES YESSSS!!!

She says they don't have Internet right now but they plan to get wireless. I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen, but if it does it would be nice.

She also said that the area they live in is great if you like nature, which I do. There are trees and trails, a big public park within walking distance and a lake within biking distance.

The plan is to live with this family for September and October and then once I have my work situation nailed down I can look for shared housing, probably with students, in the city center.

Hooray! I have a place to live in Munich!

No comments:

Post a Comment