24 October 2009

Indianapolis--part 1

I am off to Indianapolis for a professional conference. Am far more excited about the conference than I am about Indianapolis. I've never been there, but I've never heard anything about the city that would cause me to be curious about it either. And the tourism photos I've seen feature downtown modern glass skyscrapers, which doesn't particularly appeal to my imagination.

Then again, a lot of the Portland tourism photos feature our downtown skyscrapers, with or without the river and bridges included either in the foreground or background, and while it's a nice view, it's not representative of the Portland I've come to know and love.

So here I am at PDX, having arrived at the gate a couple hours before departure time, taking advantage of the free Internet and trying to imagine what Indianapolis will be like while knowing full well that I won't have time to explore more than a few downtown blocks around my hotel. At least I'll be staying in a nice hotel.

I realized shortly after arriving at the airport that I hadn't even thought to bring my camera, which might be an indication either of how rarely I take photos or of my assumption that there won't be anything worth taking photos of. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment